2017 Winner of best of NeoCon Gold in Healthcare Guest/Lounge Seating category and a finalist for the overall Best of NeoCon & Healthcare Design's Nightingale Award for Innovation in Guest/Lounge Seating, the Surround Seating Collection provides the flexibility to serve as a sleep surface or sofa and houses features to support eating, working and socialization while offering family members a designated space in a patient room to support the care of their loved one, relax in comfort and communicate effectively with clinicians.
The surround collection helps creates environments that are intuitive, welcoming and helps cue behaviors that help care partners to productively partner with clinicians. It is based on research and insights from Steelcase Health that shows that family involvement in care can influence patient satisfaction and improve the experiences of patients, family members and healthcare providers.
Standard patient rooms often do not adequately meet the needs of family members and are not designed to help them navigate the multiple roles they play while supporting a loved one who is hospitalized. The Surround collection seeks to assist with the many roles that family and caregivers need to play.
• Flexible, Modular Design: With 120 configurations, multiple sleeper variations and lengths from 44 to 104.5 inches, Surround accommodates a variety of healthcare spaces.
• High-Recline Arm: Curvilinear profile designed to support a relaxed and reclined seated posture.
• Integrated Sliding Table: A sliding surface to eat, work or engage with other visitors and the patient.
• Ambient Lighting: A small light enabling family members to read without disrupting patient rest.
• Fold-Down Sleeper: Intuitive fold down sleep surface designed for a comfortable overnight stay.
• Easy-Access to Power: Power outlets and USB port located in the arms of the sofa to recharge the multiple personal devices that accompany the family and friends visiting the patient.
• Open Storage for Personal Belongings: Layered storage create an intuitive and visible space for personal belongings, keeping them out of the way of clinicians.
• Easy to Clean Surfaces: Surround frame design provides complete and easy access to the floor for fast and effective cleaning without the need to move the unit.
To learn more about Surround go to steelcasehealth.com/surround